Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Encouraging Honor

Greetings from a new member of UPE! This week I was initiated into the Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society for the Computing and Information Sciences.  It was such an honor to be accepted into this organization.  I first heard about UPE last year and was interested in joining, but had not yet completed enough units in my computer science curriculum at College of Charleston to be considered.  When my teachers told me this semester that I qualified I was so excited!

My husband was so proud of me, too. He has been so supportive through these last two years while I completed this program.  He is also a member of Tau Beta Pi, the Engineering Honor Society, so he recognizes what an accomplishment it is.

The ceremony on Tuesday was kind of fun.  It was very brief, simple, and full of tradition.  I was very honored to be congratulated and welcomed by so many of my professors, as well.  It is so encouraging to know that they believe in my skills as a computer scientist, especially as I begin to feel so overwhelmed with the end of the semester.  I want so badly to finish strong, but sometimes I am so tired - I know I can't push myself as hard as I have in the past and my brain definitely is not working as smoothly as it did even a few weeks ago.  I guess I'll just keep doing the best I can and take what comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment