Wednesday, April 27, 2011

PS: Ubuntu Desktop Recorder

Hey everybody, as I was working on my portion of the ATeam's presentation I came across this fun tool and thought I would share it with you.  Ubuntu has several programs that will allow you to record a video of your desktop, or simply a portion of your desktop.  The one I used will even allow you to narrate.  Our team found this useful for preparing a demonstration of our program to show you, our classmates, while helping us be efficient with our time.  No awkward shifting between workspaces and having the display get mixed up for us!  If you'd like to check this out, you have two options:  

  1. Find the software and figure it out for yourself
  2. Visit the howtogeek and follow their instructions

This really is a fun little program to play with. I just wish I'd found it before finals week of my last semester! It would have been great for presentations along the way! Best of luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment